Becoming a member of the WGSSI has several advantages which include recognition and further involvement within the MIT community.
- Appointment by MIT President, with acknowledgement letter sent to member's supervisor
- Opportunities to effect change: to voice concerns and issues and offer solutions
- Opportunities to further develop skills and test new areas
- Build one's knowledge of Institute policies and practices
- MIT Resource personnel available to WG members
- Networking opportunities that range from Facilities to the President's Office
- Fellowship and a sense of community